Community Engagement Search and Rescue
Las Animas County Search and Rescue is a mountain search and rescue unit dedicated to saving lives through search, rescue, and mountain safety education. The team is composed totally of volunteers and is available upon request to help mountain search and rescue problems anywhere in Colorado under the author of the local county Sheriff or in other states and countries under local authority.
Our team prides itself on its many years of humanitarian service and its reputation for capability and safety. In addition to training extensively in mountaineering skill and search and rescue techniques, members work diligently to improve their emergency medical capability. Most members are certified to the First Responder level, many are Emergency Medical Technicians, and a few are working paramedics or physicians. If you are interested joining please complete an application to begin the process.
Law Enforcement Exploring Post is a hands-on program open to young men and women who have completed the 6th grade through 20 years old, interested in a career in law enforcement or a related field in the criminal justice system. The program is a hands-on program open to young men and women who have completed the 5th grade through 14 years old, interested in a career in law enforcement or a related field in the criminal justice system.
The Explorers offers young adults a personal awareness of the criminal justice system through training, practical experiences, competition and other activities. Additionally, the program promotes personal growth through character development, respect for the rule of law, physical fitness, good citizenship and patriotism. The annual program participation fee is $40.
How to Join:
• Attend a meeting or activity.
• Fill out the Youth Application
• Oral board interview
• Complete required forms and pay the annual participation fee.
• Due to the sensitive nature of law enforcement operations, most Law Enforcement Exploring posts have additional requirements including the successful completion of a background check (no prior arrest record or serious traffic violations), passing an oral interview, maintaining a minimum grade point average, being a person of good conduct and high moral character, being physically fit, etc.
• Click on "Get Involved" above to get started today!